The purpose of the Philadelphia Regional Chapter’s Grant Program for Professional Development to attend Connections: MLA Quad Chapter Meeting (Baltimore, MD, Oct. 13-16, 2012) is to provide Chapter members with the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the theoretical, administrative, or technical aspects of librarianship by participating in this conference. Funds may be applied to conference registration and/or conference continuing education classes.
- The applicant must be a member of the Philadelphia Regional Chapter / MLA.
- Members of the Awards Committee are ineligible.
- The completed application form must be received by August 27th, 2012.
- The applicant must clearly identify the amount requested and whether the grant will cover conference registration and/or continuing education.
- The recipient will attend at least two days of the Connections meeting.
- The recipient will complete the Conference/Continuing Education Evaluation form, which meeting planners use as a basis for conference evaluation.
- The recipient will provide appropriate receipts and expense forms as requested by the Committee.
- The recipient will write a brief meeting report for the Chapter’s website by October 31, 2012.
- Grant awardees must sign a letter agreeing to these conditions.
- More than one grant may be offered. Grants range from $65.00 to $500.00 and are paid in one payment at the time of the award. The award must be refunded in full if all terms are not met.
- The Chapter Awards Committee will acknowledge applications upon receipt via email.
- The Awards Committee will determine the grant winners and notify all applicants of the decision by September 5th.
Information and Application Form:
Mail completed application to the MLA-PHIL Nominating Committee Chair by August 27th:
Past grant recipients
Cheryl Capitani (1989)
Nina Long (1989)
Mark-Allen Taylor (1991)
Sharon Lezotte (1997)
Cheryl Capitani (1998)
Karen Albert (2000)
Nina Galpern (2002)
Jannette Pierce (2003)
Rachel Resnick (2004)
Rachel Resnick (2011)
Ellen Abramowitz (2013)
Lydia Witman (2013)