On Tuesday, February 6, 2007 EPA Administrator Stephen L. Johnson testified before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. An archive webcast of the hearing and copies of public witness testimonies are available on the Senate Committee’s website:
Nice news piece about the EPA library closures in Environmental Science & Technology (February 15, 2007):
Closing libraries and destroying documents may sound like the plot line of a dystopian novel, but it is part of a U.S. EPA campaign launched in 2006 to shave $2 million off the agency’s budget for specialized libraries. Many EPA scientists who were contacted by ES&T say that the move will make their jobs harder because of a basic lack of information.
Read the full story…
|March 21, 2007|
|4:30 pm||to||7:00 pm|
Three MLA-Phil members will present a panel discussion for library school students on “Taking a closer look at Medical Librarianship.” The event, hosted by Drexel University’s iSchool, is the third part of a month-long series on opportunities in special libraries. GPLL and ARLIS are the other participants.
- March 21, 2007
- 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Rush Building (33rd & Chestnut), room 014
- Dan Kipnis, Education Services Librarian, Thomas Jefferson University: “Focus on Academic Medical Centers and Medical School Libraries”
- Mary McCann, Library Director, Pennsylvania Hospital: “Focus On Hospital Librarianship”
- Nina Long, Director of Library Services & Archivist, The Wistar Institute: “Focus on Research and Specialized Medical Libraries”
This event is open to the public. Encourage anyone interested in medical librarianship to RSVP
|March 7, 2007|
|1:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
Join your colleagues on March 7, 2007 as the Philadelphia Regional Chapter hosts MLA’s spring webcast!
Take advantage of this national continuing education event. Share ideas with colleagues about marketing your library, learn techniques from MLA member experts and earn up to 3.5 MLA CE contact hours.
- Kathleen A. Boylan, Senior Vice President of Public Communications Inc., Chicago, IL
- Rosalind F. Dudden, Health Sciences Librarian of the Gerald Tucker Memorial Medical Library, National Jewish Medical & Research Center, Denver, CO
- Chris Olsen, Marketing Consultant to Information Professionals , Chris Olsen & Associates, Grasonville, MD
More information about the webcast is available on mlanet.org
Read more» » »
|April 25, 2007|
|5:30 pm||to||9:00 pm|
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Place: Independence Visitors Center, 6th & Market.
Guest Speaker: MLA National President – Jean P. Shipman.