Title: Hospital Librarian Position – Abington, PA
For details and to apply, please visit https://jobs.amh.org/ and enter 2016-0845 in the Search by Job Number field.
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Reporting to the VP Physician Services, and under the direction of the Chairperson School of Nursing and working in conjunction with Health System Library leadership, provides operational leadership for AJH Library Services.
II. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meets all standards of the Patient Satisfaction Initiative Criteria in order to make Abington – Jefferson Health (AJH) the hospital of choice for Patients and Employees.
2. Working in conjunction with Jefferson Health Library team, proactively sets up processes and provides group and/or one-on-one educational time to educate AJH medical staff, faculty, residents/fellows, staff, and nursing/medical students to foster independent use of library services.
3. Actively participates in ‘rounding’ and /or ‘scholarly activities’ with clinical team, providing educational resources.
4. Working with Health System Library team, ensures journals, online and paper subscriptions, books, interlibrary loan resources and all other services meets the needs of AJH. Provide document delivery and interlibrary loan services. Maintain statistics as needed.
5. Working in conjunction with Jefferson Health team and in support of AJH medical staff, residents, faculty, staff, and nursing students provides operational leadership for AJH to ensure library services meet the ACEN/Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing/ACGME and other regulatory bodies, including but not limited to leadership with budgeting, planning, resources, interlibrary loan and all library services.
6. Active participation in Faculty Organization/Curriculum Committee representing library activities.
7. Acts as a resource for communicating current regional and national trends for best practices and development to enhance organization goals, efficiencies and improvements as relating to library science.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
III. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Experience: 2+ years of experience in a health sciences or hospital library. Experience using biomedical and evidence based information tools such as PubMed, OVID, and CINAHL. Experience with clinical librarianship or evidence-based practice methods. Library reference experience.
B. Education & Training: Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA – Accredited Program.
C. License, Certification & Registration: Valid driver’s license, current registration
D. Other Requirements: Proficient with Microsoft Office. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently and also collaboratively with faculty, residents/fellows, students and staff. Current auto insurance with proof of coverage required. Must possess a driving record free from major violations within the past five years, and maintain an acceptable driving record with no major violations in accordance with Motor Vehicle Regulations and AJH’s auto insurance policy. Any and all major violations incurred must be immediately reported to the manager, department head, or Human Resources department.
A. Reports to (Title): VP Physician Services; Chairperson School of Nursing; indirect reporting to Associate Director, Information Services, Scott Memorial Library
B. Titles(s) of Positions Supervised: N/A
C. Number of Employees Supervised: Direct: 0