MLAPhil-L is the official email discussion list of the Philadelphia Regional Chapter of the Medical Library Association. MLAPhil-L is expected to be used to announce imminent Chapter activities, distribute time-sensitive MLA documents, share with Chapter member issues and decisions of their board, and provide a forum for discussion of relevant issues among Chapter members. MLAPhil-L may also be used to broadcast other appropriate items of general interest to Chapter members, such as job openings and changes.
How do I subscribe?
- Go to: http://mlaphil.org/mailman/listinfo/mlaphil-l_mlaphil.org
- Enter your name and email address and choose “subscribe.” Creating a password is optional. You will be automatically assigned a random password if you do not choose your own.
- Check your email for a confirmation message and follow the instructions.
- Once you confirm your subscription you will receive a welcome email that contains your password and information on where to go to change your subscriber options. The welcome email will also explain how to unsubscribe to MLAPhil-L. It is strongly recommended that you save this email.
- To post a message use the address firstname.lastname@example.org. You should enter the list’s email address as a safe sender in any spam blocking software you or your institution may use.
How do I post a message to the list?
- Address a new message to email@example.com
- Enter a concise description in the subject field.
- Type your message.
- Send the message.
Do I have to belong to the local Chapter to subscribe to MLAPhil-L?No. While it’s always preferable to join and support the local chapter, anyone may subscribe.
Do I have to subscribe to the list before I can post a message to the discussion list? Yes. You must subscribe to the MLAPhil-L Discussion List in order to send messages. This is to prevent spam being sent to subscribers.
How can I unsubscribe from the MLAPhil-L Email Discussion List?Information on unsubscribing and changing you subscriber options is contained in the welcome message you received upon subscribing to the discussion list. You can also unsubscribe to the discussion list by sending and email with a blank subject line and body to mlaphil-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact the list owner:
Kevin Block M.S.
Health Sciences Library at Stratford
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine