The purpose of the Philadelphia Regional Chapter’s Grant Program for Professional Development is to provide Chapter members with the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the theoretical, administrative, or technical aspects of librarianship by participating in a class, conference or some other educational opportunity.
- The applicant must be a member of the Philadelphia Regional Chapter / MLA.
- Members of the Nominating Committee are ineligible.
- The recipient will provide appropriate receipts and expense forms as requested by the Committee.
- Grant awardees will write a brief report detailing what they learned for the Chapter’s website within one month of the event.
- Grants must be refunded in full if all terms are not met.
- Grant awardees must sign a letter agreeing to these conditions.
- Grant amounts range from $65.00 to $500.00 and are paid at the time of the award.
- The Nominating Committee will acknowledge applications upon receipt via email.
- The Nominating Committee will determine the grant winner(s) and notify applicants.
Information and Application Form:
Cheryl Capitani (1989)
Nina Long (1989)
Mark-Allen Taylor (1991)
Sharon Lezotte (1997)
Cheryl Capitani (1998)
Karen Albert (2000)
Nina Galpern (2002)
Janette Pierce (2003)
Rachel Resnick (2004)
Rachel Resnick (2011)
Ellen Abramowitz (2013)
Lydia Witman (2013)
Stephanie Ferretti (2015)
Gary Kaplan (2015)
Priscilla Stephenson (2015)
Rebecca Landau (2015)