Please nominate your worthy colleagues by March 15, 2013 to be recognized with a Chapter award:
- Bea Davis Education Award: an award of $600.00 plus registration at the Annual Dinner to an individual pursuing a career in health science librarianship.
- Randy Brenner Memorial Consumer Health Award: for an individual (or group of individuals) in recognition of outstanding contribution to consumer health information services and patient education.
- Robert Preston Lee Memorial Award: for an individual (or group of individuals) in recognition of outstanding contribution in the application of technology to the delivery of technical services in one or more of these areas: collection development, collection management, cataloging and acquisition, information services, information technology and information systems.
And while you’re at it, why not get a little something for yourself? Apply for an AHIP First-Time Applicant Award!
MLA-Phil Awards Committee:
Gary Kaplan (Chair)
I’m pleased to announce a new award from the Philadelphia Regional Chapter, MLA, to support first-time applicants to the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP).
Read more» » »
Congratulations to the recipients of MLA-Phil Professional Development Grants!
Ellen Abramowitz, MLS
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Lydia Witman, MLIS
They’ll use the funds to support their attendance at Connections: MLA Quad Chapter Meeting (Baltimore, Oct. 13-16).
Chair, MLA-Phil Awards Committee
10/5/12 | This post was updated to reflect final recipients. Two of the original four recipients were not able to accept the awards.
Apply by Monday, August 27, for funds to cover meeting registration (early-bird member rate through September 10 is $250) and/or Continuing Education registration (member rate for a half-day class is $65) at Connections: MLA Quad Chapter Meeting (Baltimore, Oct. 13-16). Details and application form.
Visit the Connections: MLA Quad Chapter Meeting website for more information about the conference including the full conference schedule. On Twitter? The conference hashtag is #mlaquad12.
Souzan Hawala-Druy, MPH, BSN, shares her expertise on cultural competency. She has extensive and diverse national and international health experience as a registered nurse, nurse educator, project director, consultant, and negotiator. Read more» » »
The MLA-Phil Awards Committee is pleased to announce grants to support attendance at Connections: MLA Quad Chapter Meeting (Baltimore, Oct. 13-16). Chapter members are encouraged to apply for funds to cover meeting registration (early-bird member rate is $250) and/or Continuing Education registration (member rate for a half-day class is $65). Submission deadline is August 27.
Details and application form
CE courses (full descriptions):
- Demystifying Molecular Biology
Instructors: Helen-Ann Brown Epstein & Collette Saccomanno
- EBM: Introduction to Study Design and Critical Appraisal
Instructor: Connie Schardt
- Information Anywhere: Mobile Technology, Libraries and Health
Instructor: Max Anderson
- Instruction by Design: Creating Effective Instruction
Instructor: Veronica Bielat
Please contact me with any questions.
Chair, Awards Committee